BVS-ABR E&T event: Radioactive waste ‘from cradle to grave’
Organised by BVS-ABR
TABLOO, Gravenstraat 3, 2480 Dessel
The Belgian Radiation Protection Society (BVS-ABR) is pleased to invite you to its annual E&T event on Radioactive Waste 'from cradle to grave'.
The event takes place on Friday 23/09/2022 from 9-17h at TABLOO, the brand new visitor and meeting centre in Dessel on radioactivity, radioactive waste management and research on nuclear applications. You can find more information about TABLOO here.
During the lunch break, you will have the opportunity to visit the interactive EXPOO.
Please note that pre-registration is required.
After the event, you can stretch your legs and discover the signposted Repository Walk on the domain (5 km) of the future near surface disposal facility for Category A waste.
The full programme of the BVS-ABR E&T event can be found below.
The participation fees are:
E&T event + EXPOO
9h Introduction : Radioactive Waste ‘from cradle to grave’ (BVS-ABR)
9h15 Regulatory framework (G. Volckaert – FANC & P. De Preter - NIRAS)
- Actors and roles in Belgian radioactive waste management
- Recent modifications in the regulations
9h55 Radioactive waste management in practice
- Producers of radioactive waste (C. Cosemans - NIRAS)
10h30 Radioactive waste management in practice (ctd)
- Waste acceptance criteria, qualifications and acceptance (C. Cosemans, W. Schroeders, F. Migeot - NIRAS)
11h30 Transport and Storage (G. Lourtie, F. Van Wonterghem – FANC & W. Schroeders, F. Migeot - NIRAS)
12h – 14h Lunch and EXPOO visit (pre-registration required)
14h Radioactive waste treatment : solid and liquid waste (T. Huys - Belgoprocess)
14h30 Radioactive waste disposal
- Status licensing near surface disposal facility for category A-waste (G. Volckaert - FANC)
- Category A project
- Industrial realisation (R. Bosselaers and W. Bastiaens – NIRAS)
- Disposability of the waste (W. Wacquier - NIRAS)
15h50 Radioactive waste disposal (ctd)
- Project geological disposal (P. De Preter, M. Van Geet - NIRAS)
16h20 Stakeholder involvement category A waste (MONA, municipality Mol, STORA and municipality Dessel with NIRAS/ONDRAF) (M. Loos – MONA)
16h40 Discussion and conclusions (BVS-ABR)
17h Repository Walk (optional)
23-9-202209:00 23-9-202217:00 Europe/Brussels BVS-ABR E&T event: Radioactive waste ‘from cradle to grave’ TABLOO, Gravenstraat 3, 2480 Dessel Organised by BVS-ABR